I'm back to talk about myself...
Are you excited?
I am awesome.
End of post.
Okay, not really, because I have to talk about something that made me feel awesome.
It is this:
this award was started by Mynx at Dribble...
It has strawberries. I love strawberries.
This award has some stipulations/rules however.
First, I am going to list five guilty pleasures that I have. This is not my choice to do and you cannot unfollow me because you finally realize I am a
loser nerd unique person. This is a freebie for me to be...special.
Five Guilty Pleasures:
1. Diet Coke. I think about half their revenue each year comes from me alone. I love it so so so much. It's not even a weight loss thing for me. I just truly enjoy the taste of it and the nice slight sting that I get from the carbonation when I chug a glass of it. I wrote a poem about coke when I was fourteen. Maybe someday I will change it to diet coke and post it. It's pretty much a love poem.
2. Zebra Cakes. I love them so much that I won't eat them. Trust me, it makes sense. I CAN NOT stop once I start. Before I know it two or fifteenish boxes are gone and I have a vague recollection of being the one to have eaten them. I don't even like them to be around me. This love does not apply to any other Little Debbie snacks. Just Zebra Cakes.
3. Sweatpants. I wear them whenever I can. I wear them in public. Right now my only pair has a hole in the butt (haha) so I keep to wearing them around the apartment (with shorts underneath so they aren't completely inappropriate). I do sometimes (often) wear them to my boyfriend's apartment though. Hey, a girl's gotta be comfortable.
4. Singing. I love to sing. Just not in front of anyone. Yeah, I'm one of those people. Also, I'm the person next to you while you're waiting for that long red light to finally turn green. You know the one. You look over on your nice Wednesday afternoon to see a girl jamming out to whatever the hell kids listen to these days. She doesn't look like a kid, but she's sure acting like one. She looks over at you and sees you staring at her like she's a moron. She gets embarrassed for a second, moves her car forward a foot and then goes back to her song. I'm that girl.
5. Newsies. You know the crappy '92 Disney musical with Christian Bale when he was about seventeen? I love this movie. You could even say it is my favorite movie. (I have a cousin who loves this movie because of me too. It's like the herpes of crappy musicals.) The thing for me is that it has more sentimental value at this point rather than being the best, most life-changing thing I have ever seen in my life. I used to watch it all the time when I was a kid. Hey, those of you that got to grow up in America had the goonies, us Missionary Kids had Newsies.
So there we go. More about me than any of you still care about. Now to pass this on to three people.
1. Sandra at Absolutely Narcissism. I think I gave her an award last time I gave one out but I can't remember and I also don't care. This lady is funny. She could write a he said/she said book on husband/wife interactions and make millions.
2. Lady Fromage at...well, Lady Fromage. She loves cheese. I love cheese. In fact, I am lactose intolerant and cheese is pretty much the only dairy I can eat so I have a fondness for it that is almost unnatural. Plus, she is a fellow Kansan and I think that is pretty sweet.
3. Corey at Wishing My Life Was A Musical...It Would Be The Best Musical Ever!!! I don't know if I got the name exactly right, but it's long and you can just follow the damn link. ...So follow it! His blog shows a depth that mine will never reach. One of the stipulations he has for himself is remaining uncensored in what he feels he needs to say and you've got to respect that. Plus he made magical buttons appear in the top right corner of my blog.
So there you have it. Five guilty pleasures, three people awarded, and one little monkey still jumping on the bed.