Say Hello To Me!

Do you have unanswered life questions? Maybe you just want to say hello to me. Well, you're welcome to e-mail me at karahoag@yahoo.com. If nothing else it just makes me happy.

Monday, February 21, 2011

Check Yes No Or Maybe

We all have our first loves, right? And no, I'm not talking about my feelings for the magical hair products that Justin Beiber uses. I'm talking about that first time that you see that special someone and realize that your life will never be complete without them in it. Maybe he's standing across the room at the water fountain sucking the delicious nectar through his sweet puckered mouth. Maybe he's sitting on a park bench in front of a sparkling pond on a warm summer's eve. Or maybe you met him in the third grade and he broke your heart.

Okay, that's a little melodramatic, but the first crush I ever tried to do anything about didn't go very well for me.

Does anyone remember passing these kinds of notes in elementary school?




I don't know if that's how children try and get each other's attention in today's young society. They probably have a phone app that sends it for them. When I was in third grade, though, We had to write this out on a piece of paper, hide it in the person's desk/backpack, and decide whether to put our own names on it or let our friends slowly let the person know gave them the note through deciphered giggles.

I put my name on it.

He threw it in the trash.

Maybe the guy on the park bench will like me more.



**Also, I was asked to share an article with all of you reading this. It is about the top reasons that people choose to buy a home over renting. I went over to look at it and it has some pretty useful tips if you are interested in that. If so, you can check it out here. No, I did not get paid to do this. Yes, if someone offered to pay me to put something like that up I'd probably do it. I smoke cigarettes. It's an expensive habit.

9 comments:

  1. I used to do those notes when I was in grade school.

    And I tried it once on my ex wife when we were married. I gave her one that said, "wanna make out? Yes or No?" and she told me to screw off. I guess it was a no.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally remember those notes but I never gave them out! I was way too shy! =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oilfield - What a Bitch! I leave my honey dirty and playful notes all the time.

    I was turned down by my fave crush so many times (I was persistent). He was always nice about it though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so....did i go to far when i carved the note on her hand?

    it was third grade after all.... plenty of time to recover from trauma, i always say.

    FYI- she said OOWOWOOWOWOOWOWOWOWWOOW.

    and started crying...

    i took that as a yes...er, uh, I mean no...

    and damn those kittens anyways...

    Bruce
    Bruce Johnson JADIP
    Evil Twin
    stupid stuff I see and hear
    The Dreamodeling Guy
    dreamodeling!
    The Guy Book
    The Guy Book

    ReplyDelete
  5. Believe it or not, I was a shy little kid. I received a few notes, but never had the nerve to send one. Good for you for being aggressive even as a child.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're so funny! I love that last part: I smoke cigarettes, it's an expensive habit.
    I remember my first crush. Unfortunately, I never quite got over him. Two husbands later, I still yearn for the guy. I'll never get him. Don't really want him. Just want to run my fingers all over his manly chest. Is that wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwww, that's no good. Kids can be cruel. Just remember you are awesome no matter what anyone else thinks. Well, we think you are awesome, so I guess we can be asked what we think, lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember those kinds of things. I was the butt of a lot of jokes boys wise. It sucked.

    The Adorkable Ditz' Missteps

    ReplyDelete

Everytime you don't leave a comment, God kills a kitten. Just think about that. Also comments make me smile.